|Take your baked Chicken Parmesan to new heights with tender, earthy artichokes and our fresh-tomato Pomodoro Fresco sauce!|
Parmesan Baked Chicken with Artichokes & Red Peppers
Take your baked Chicken Parmesan to new heights with tender, earthy artichokes and our fresh-tomato Pomodoro Fresco sauce!
- 3 cups DeLallo Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 jumbo eggs, beaten lightly
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup DeLallo Pure Olive Oil
- 1 (25.25-ounce) jar DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Marinara Sauce
- 1 (13.75-ounce) can DeLallo Artichoke Quarters, drained
- 1 (12-ounce) jar DeLallo Roasted Red Peppers, drained & sliced
- 1 cup shredded DeLallo Domestic Provolone Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a shallow bowl, place breadcrumbs. Place flour and beaten eggs in two separate dishes. First, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken breasts in flour, making sure to shake off any excess. Dip in beaten eggs, like the flour, making sure to let any excess drip off. Finally, dredge chicken in breadcrumbs to coat well.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Once oil is ready, which can be determined by tossing in a breadcrumb to see if it sizzles, fry chicken until golden. Be sure to turn for even cooking, about 10 minutes per side. Remove from hot oil and onto a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- In a large casserole dish, pour half of the Pomodoro Fresco Sauce and add artichokes and peppers. Arrange fried chicken breasts and top with remaining sauce and then shredded provolone. Cover dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until hot. Uncover and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.