|Creamy pumpkin purée, fresh sage and bacon add seasonal flavor to this thick, silky soup. Filled with our mini potato gnocchi and topped with grated Parmesan, it’s like autumn in a bowl.|
Pumpkin Gnocchi Soup
Creamy pumpkin purée, fresh sage and bacon add seasonal flavor to this thick, silky soup. Filled with our mini potato gnocchi and topped with grated Parmesan, it’s like autumn in a bowl.
- 1 (1-lb.) package DeLallo Mini Potato Gnocchi or DeLallo Potato & Cheese Italian Gnocchi Kit
- 1 lb. bacon, diced
- ¼ cup sweet vermouth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (28-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1 (32-ounce) package chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh black pepper
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving
- Heat large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon and set aside.
- With the pot on medium-high heat, pour in the vermouth. As the alcohol simmers, scrape up any crispy browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Let the vermouth reduce by roughly half, about 3 minutes.
- Add onions to the pot and cook until translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add pumpkin and stock, stirring until thoroughly combined. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook gnocchi according to package instruction and set aside. If using gnocchi kit, prepare gnocchi before step 1.
- Add cream to the pumpkin mixture and stir to combine. Stir in sage, pepper, and bacon. Then add vinegar and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add gnocchi to the soup and serve.
- We like to top off each soup with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve with warm crusty bread.
- Click here to learn how to make homemade gnocchi from scratch.
- Click here to learn how to make easy homemade gnocchi with our Gnocchi Kit.