recipe is the creamiest, coziest tomato gnocchi soup you can imagine! Filled
with pillowy potato gnocchi and topped with Parmesan, it’s the stuff dreams
are made of.|
View the full recipe here!
Tomato Basil Gnocchi Soup
This recipe is the creamiest, coziest tomato gnocchi soup you can imagine! Filled with pillowy potato gnocchi and topped with Parmesan, it’s the stuff dreams are made of. View the full recipe here!
- 1 large yellow onion (1 1/2 cup diced)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 28-ounce can DeLallo San Marzano-Style Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 16-ounce package DeLallo Mini Potato Gnocchi or DeLallo Gnocchi Kit
- Parmesan cheese, to garnish (if desired, omit for vegan)
- Chop the onion. Mince the garlic. Chop the basil leaves.
- In a medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for about 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes; sauté 1 minute until fragrant. Add the white wine vinegar and saute until evaporated.
- Add the basil, canned tomatoes and their liquid, broth, kosher salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. When done, remove from the heat and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until creamy.
- Return to a simmer over medium heat. Add the gnocchi and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until they float, stirring occasionally so they don’t stick together or to the bottom.
- Serve in bowls, allowing them to cool a few minutes until warm (soup tastes best warm, not pipping hot). Serve with chopped basil and Parmesan cheese (if desired; not required).
- Click here to learn how to make homemade gnocchi from scratch.
- Click here to learn how to make easy homemade gnocchi with our Gnocchi Kit.