|This no fuss dinner entrée is healthy, simple, and fast—the perfect combination! Use our sweet piquillo peppers, marinated artichokes and your favorite DeLallo olives to create a zesty base for tender, flaky cod. Serve it with a loaf of bread, and you’ve got a delicious dinner in minutes.|
Slow-Roasted Cod with Piquillo Peppers, Artichokes and Olives
This no fuss dinner entrée is healthy, simple, and fast—the perfect combination! Use our marinated artichokes and your favorite DeLallo olives to create a zesty base for tender, flaky white fish with peppers recipe. Serve it with a loaf of bread, and you’ve got a delicious dinner in minutes.
- 1 (12-ounce) jar DeLallo Roasted Piquillo Peppers, drained and cut in half
- 1 (12-ounce) jar DeLallo Marinated Artichokes, drained and cut in half
- 1 lb. DeLallo Olives (We love it with DeLallo Pitted Calamata Olives or DeLallo Pitted Olives Gigante!)
- 4 Tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ lb. skinless cod
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, combine peppers, artichokes, olives, oil, garlic, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Toss well.
- Place pepper mixture in a shallow 3-qt. baking dish or cast iron skillet. Nestle cod into the pepper mixture, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast on the center rack until the cod flesh is opaque throughout and flakes easily when pressed, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the dish rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss onion, parsley, capers and remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a small bowl. Season with salt.
- Top fish with onion mixture and serve. We recommend eating this dish alongside a loaf of country-style Italian bread.