A bright & summery pesto pasta, loaded with lemony grilled chicken, summer vegetables, & bright, lemony pesto flavor. You can serve it warm, cold, or at room temperature – an all-purpose summer meal solution!
To view the full recipe, click here!
Summer Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken & Vegetables
A bright & summery pesto pasta, loaded with lemony grilled chicken, summer vegetables, & bright, lemony pesto flavor. You can serve it warm, cold, or at room temperature – an all-purpose summer meal solution! To view the full recipe, click here!
- 8 ounces DeLallo Cavatappi, or other short pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lemons, zested, juiced & divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 3-4 flat planks
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound chicken thighs or thinly pounded chicken breast
- 1 6.35-ounce jar DeLallo Simply Pesto Sauce Traditional Basil
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- kosher salt & ground black pepper, to season
- Prepare the grill for medium-high direct heat grilling.
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of well-salted water according to package directions. Drain & set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, half of the lemon zest & juice, & garlic. Season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Coat the bell pepper, zucchini, & cherry tomatoes in the marinade. Transfer to a large plate or small baking sheet.
- String the cherry tomatoes on a skewer. Set aside.
- Add the chicken to the bowl tossing to coat in the remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Grill veggies for 3-4 minutes per side, or until tender & charred. Remove from the grill & chop into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining lemon zest & juice with the pesto. Whisk to combine. Add the pasta, chicken, veggies & mozzarella pearls to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Taste and season with additional salt or black pepper as needed. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature.
- NOTE: Leftover pesto salad will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.