|Take your favorite risotto to weeknight status with our ready-to-use soffritto. No veggie chopping required for this best-loved creamy rice dish.|
Super Simple Weeknight Risotto
Take your favorite risotto to weeknight status with our ready-to-use soffritto. No veggie chopping required for this best-loved creamy rice dish.
- 5 to 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 (6.7-ounce) jar DeLallo Soffritto Sautéed Vegetable Cooking Base
- 1 ½ cups DeLallo Carnaroli Rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated Imported Italian Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, plus more for serving
- In a large saucepot, heat stock and keep at a steady simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the soffritto and cook until hot, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice to the saucepan and stir to coat each grain. Once the rice is opaque, about 4 minutes, add the wine and cook until the liquid has been absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of the simmering broth to the saucepan. Stir until almost completely absorbed. Continue to cook the rice by adding the broth one ladle at a time. Stir continuously and allow the broth to be absorbed before adding the next.
- Continue this process until the rice becomes al dente, or tender and creamy with a firm bite, about 22 minutes total.
- Remove from heat, stir in the grated cheese and serve. Top with more cheese, if desired.