This pasta dish combines the decadence of creamy Caesar salad with crisp lettuce and warm gnocchi. It’s topped with crisp croutons, salty capers and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. It hits all the spots of richness, comfort and freshness perfect for these cooler days.
View the full recipe here!
- SERVES: 4
- LEVEL: Super Simple
For the Croutons:
- 1 heaping cup small bread cubes, from about ¼ of a baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and fresh cracked back pepper
For the Sauce and Pasta:
- 3 Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (just under 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, plus more to top
- ½ teaspoon sea salt and ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 (16 ounce) packages DeLallo Potato Gnocchi, boiled in salted water to tender and drained reserving ¼ cup of the water or DeLallo Potato & Cheese Italian Gnocchi Kit
- 3 cup finely shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread breadcrumbs onto a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat lightly. Place in the oven and allow to toast to golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Toss about halfway through baking to toast evenly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the uncased sausage and break up with a spoon or spatula and it browns. Allow the sausage to brown well and cook through, about 10 minutes. Once cooked through, remove the sausage pieces, allowing the fat that rendered to remain in the pan.
- Add the minced garlic and anchovy paste, stirring around the pan for 30 seconds. Add the Worcestershire, Dijon, and lemon juice, stirring for 30 seconds more.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cheese. Allow to simmer uncovered for 6 minutes, reducing the mixture slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon in the cooked and drained gnocchi and the cooked sausage (and any juices that have accumulated on the plate it rested on. Stir to combine, adding a splash of the reserved gnocchi water if needed. Taste and season accordingly.
- To serve, spread the lettuce across a platter. Top with warm gnocchi. Top gnocchi with croutons, a sprinkle of capers, and more grated Parmesan. Enjoy warm!
Click here to learn how to make homemade gnocchi from scratch.
Click here to learn how to make easy homemade gnocchi with our Gnocchi Kit.