Who says you can’t eat like a king or queen during the week? This easy-to-prepare seafood entrée features mild, tender scallops dressed in an exquisite homemade tomato sauce. Easy to make, easy to love!
- SERVES: 4
- LEVEL: Easy Weeknight
- 4 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 scallops
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Minced Garlic in Water
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Nonpareil Capers in Brine
- ½ cup fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Dry the scallops very well with a paper towel. Season both sides with salt.
- Add garlic to pan and sauté until fragrant. Add scallops to the pan without crowding. Cook scallops without moving them, until the bottoms are a rich golden brown, about 3 minutes. Gently flip the scallops and caramelize the second side, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Transfer scallops to a clean plate and lightly cover to keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the wine and simmer, stirring as needed, until the wine is reduced by half and you can no longer smell the alcohol, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook stirring as needed until blistered, about 7-8 minutes. Add the capers and cook on high for 8 more minutes.
- Transfer scallops to plate and spoon tomato sauce over scallops. Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.