|Known as Bucatini ai Frutti di Mare in Italy, the Bucatini Seafood Pasta recipe is worth a little extra work in the kitchen. With lobster, clams, shrimp, squid, and loads of fresh herbs, this rich and tangy pasta dish is a seafood lover’s dream.|
Bucatini Seafood Pasta
Known as Bucatini ai Frutti di Mare in Italy, the Bucatini Seafood Pasta recipe is worth a little extra work in the kitchen. With lobster, clams, shrimp, squid, and loads of fresh herbs, this rich and tangy pasta dish is a seafood lover’s dream.
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Bucatini
- 1 (2-pound) live lobster
- 1 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons DeLallo Fine Chopped Garlic in Water
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp. saffron threads (optional)
- 1 tsp. chopped tarragon
- 1 1⁄2 lb. littleneck clams
- 12 raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 8 whole squid, cleaned and sliced, plus tentacles
- 1 (28-ounce) can DeLallo Imported San Marzano Tomatoes, crushed by hand
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Roughly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cook lobster in boiling water until tender, about 12–15 minutes. Chill lobster, then remove and chop the meat.
- Heat 1⁄2 cup oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add crushed red pepper flakes, half the garlic, carrots, fennel, leek, and onion. Cook until soft, about 8–10 minutes.
- Add half the wine to the pan and cook until evaporated, about 2–3 minutes. Add saffron (optional), tarragon, and 1 1⁄2 cups of water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining garlic and wine, along with the clams, shrimp, squid, and tomatoes.
- Cook covered until the clam shells open, about 5–7 minutes. Add the lobster and pasta, salt, and zest; cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.