|Nothing says Sunday brunch like an oversized Italian omelet. Sliced like a pizza, this easy-to-prepare egg pie features our smoky, sweet Roasted Pepper Bruschetta and creamy Italian Fontina cheese.|
Roasted Pepper Bruschetta Frittata with Fontina Cheese
Nothing says Sunday brunch like an oversized Italian omelet. Sliced like a pizza, this easy-to-prepare egg pie features our smoky, sweet Roasted Pepper Bruschetta and creamy Italian Fontina cheese.
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Roasted Pepper Bruschetta, drained of excess oil
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley, plus more for garnishing
- 1 cup Fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add bruschetta to the skillet and allow to cook with onions for about 2 minutes to marry flavors.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and parsley. Pour egg mixture into the skillet. Stir to distribute bruschetta and onions. Stir in shredded cheese. Continue to stir eggs, lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg underneath. Once bottom and edges are firm and top is loose, about 5-7 minutes, bake frittata.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through. If desired, broil frittata for 2-4 minutes to brown or melt extra cheese on top.
- Remove from heat. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from skillet and slide the frittata onto a cutting board. Cut the frittata into wedges.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.