|We promise you've never had a bread like this! Brimming with your favorite garden flavors, this recipe is a strunning way to showcase your end-of-summer harvest. Recipe by Laura of Tutti Dolci|
Mini Garden Zucchini Breads with Pesto
We promise you've never had a bread like this! Brimming with your favorite garden flavors, this recipe is a strunning way to showcase your end-of-summer harvest. Recipe by Laura of Tutti Dolci
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup minced basil
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Grated Parmesan-Romano Cheese Blend
- 1 1/3 cups low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Simply Pesto® Sauce - Traditional Basil
- 1/2 cup whole cherry tomatoes, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place a baking sheet in the oven. Grease 4 mini (5 3/4" x 3 3/4") loaf pants with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Once combined, add zucchini, tomatoes, scallions, basil and cheese. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, olive oil and red wine vinegar. Add buttermilk to flour mixture and fold in until incorporated. The batter will be thick.
- Fill prepared pans 1/3-full with batter. Top with 1 tablespoon pesto per pan. Swirl pesto into the batter with a wooden skewer. Use a spatula to smooth the top of each loaf. Tap pans sharply to remove air bubbles. Top with cherry tomatoes.
- Arrange the pans on the preheated baking sheet. Bake loaves, rotating pans halfway through cook time, for about 40 minutes or until golden. Check by poking the center with a toothpick. It should come out with only a few crumbs.
- Remove from heat and allow to set for 10 minutes. Remove loaves from each pan and cool on a wire rack.