This simple, but classic risotto from @bevcooks is super creamy and cheesy. She tops it off with savory Italian sausage and sun-dried tomatoes for a delicious easy weeknight meal.
Quick Cook Cheese Risotto with Italian Sausage and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 (6.2-ounce) box DeLallo Quick Cook Cheese Risotto
- 1 pound medium Italian sausage
- 1 (6.7-ounce) jar DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, combine the contents of the DeLallo Quick Cook Cheese Risotto plus two cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let this simmer on low for about 15 minutes (20 minutes, if needed). Stir often to make sure nothing sticks! Once the rice is creamy and tender, flip the heat off. Stir in the butter and parmesan.
- In the meantime, add 2-3 tablespoons of the sun-dried tomato oil to a large skillet. Add your Italian sausage to the skillet and brown with a wooden spoon until cooked through, about six minutes. Add the jar of sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet and sauté a minute or two, just to warm it through.
- Divide the risotto among two shallow dinner bowls and top with the browned sausage and tomatoes. Garnish with parsley and extra parmesan.
- Serve immediately!