|Shake up pasta night with this one! Starring sweet and crisp summer corn, juicy shrimp and fresh basil leaves, this summer-inspired take on the classic Carbonara is going to be a family favorite—guaranteed!|
Shrimp and Summer Corn Carbonara with Bucatini Pasta
Shake up pasta night with this one! Starring sweet and crisp summer corn, juicy shrimp and fresh basil leaves, this summer-inspired take on the classic Carbonara is going to be a family favorite—guaranteed!
- 1 egg, plus 2 additional egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups DeLallo Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 pound pancetta, diced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ears of corn, kernels cut off
- 1 (16-ounce) package DeLallo Bucatini
- Fresh basil, for garnishing
- DeLallo Sea Salt Grinder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large serving bowl, beat eggs and cheese to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and garlic in a large saucepan. Once the garlic begins to turn golden, remove from the oil and discard. Add pancetta to the pan. Sauté pancetta until it starts to become golden brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and corn. Sauté mixture until shrimp becomes pink, about 2-4 minutes, depending upon their size.
- Meanwhile, bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instruction. Drain, reserving 2 cups of the pasta water to finish sauce.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the hot pasta and the shrimp mixture with the pan drippings. Add the egg and cheese to the bowl. Toss to coat and to gently cook the eggs with the heat of the pasta. Once combined, add about 1/4 cup of the reserved hot pasta water and toss. If the pasta appears too dry, add another splash of pasta water.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with additional cheese and fresh basil.