Served on a bed of arugula, this salad is light, fresh, and bright, but also hearty and filling enough that you can call it a meal on its own.
Warm Gnocchi And Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 8 ounces (1/2 box) DeLallo Mini Potato Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minched
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- baby arugula
- freshly shaved Pecorino cheese, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook for about 3 mintues or until gnocchi float to the surface (note: regular sized gnocchi may need a minute or two more). Drain and place on a paper towel-lined plate to dry.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add dried gnocchi and cook, without flipping, for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on one side. Transfer to a bowl and set aside; return skillet to medium heat.
- Add garlic to skillet and sautée until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook until just warmed, 1 minute. Add vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add gnocchi back to skillet along with fresh basil; toss to coat.
- Serve warm on a bed of baby arugula and topped with shaved Pecornio cheese.