This isn’t any ordinary pasta dish! Our recipe gets its oomph from sweet, sunny tomatoes roasted with olive oil. Combine them with Italian tuna, our famous briny Oil-Cured Olives, fragrant parsley and tangy lemon zest for a colorful, flavorful soon-to-be classic!
*Make it gluten-free and substitute our Whole-Wheat Penne for our Gluten-Free Rice Penne!
- SERVES: 4-6
- LEVEL: Easy Weeknight
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Toss tomatoes with 3 tablespoons of olive oil on a baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Roast at 450˚F for about 10 minutes, or until tomatoes are lightly browned.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil with garlic and hot for about 3 minutes on medium-high heat. Once it begins to turn golden, remove garlic and discard. Turn off heat, then add tuna and olives to the pan.
- Drain pasta, once it has reached al dente texture, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water for finishing sauce.
- Add hot pasta to the saucepan. Toss with roasted tomatoes, lemon zest and parsley. Cook together for about 2 minutes on medium-high heat to marry flavors. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add pasta water to loosen sauce, if necessary.