Our 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive
Olive Oil is at the heart of nearly every Italian dish. More than just a simple pantry staple, a quality olive oil can transform your creations from everyday to extraordinary.
DeLallo selects only finest olives for our signature line of authentic olive oil. Olives are grown, harvested, pressed and bottled in Italy, to create exquisite oil that boasts a single country of origin. The results speak for themselves: a superior 100% Italian olive oil unrivaled in quality and consistency of flavor, color, texture and freshness.
With so many to choose from, it’s hard to know which extra virgin olive oil should make it into your shopping cart. Is it fresh? Is it authentic? Is it really from the country it claims to be? You shouldn’t need to be a detective to read a label and know what you’re getting.
- DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil is authentic Italian product. Olives are grown, harvested, pressed and bottled in Italy.
- Our olives are grown in Southern Italy, where the climate and soil is ideal for growing olives for Extra Virgin Olive Oil production.
- Because olives come from a single country of origin, our oil is produced with a focus not on cost but quality and consistency by selecting and pressing each variety when its attributes will conform to our aroma and flavor.
- We press our olives within hours of harvest to preserve its delicate aroma, fresh raw olive flavor and natural antioxidants.
- Our olive oil has an incredible flavor profile: a clean and crisp fruit-forward flavor with a mild yet pleasant spiciness. Its herbaceous accents and notes of creamy artichoke and green apple are rounded off with a sweet almond finish.
- DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil is more than a pantry staple, but a heart-healthy fat perfect for everyday frying, sautéing, baking, drizzling, dressing, dipping and finishing. We use it on everything from salads and soups to pasta, fish, braised meats and everything in between.
- DeLallo Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil is an exclusive Italian olive oil made up of hand-selected olives that we source from small, family-owned Sicilian orchards. Each olive variety is chosen for its unique flavor profile, and so the resulting oil is one of incredible flavor with a distinct delicate fruitiness that begs to be savored.
True authentic extra virgin olive oils are made with the first cold press of olives. This means no heat or chemicals are used to extract the oil from the pulp. Because extra virgin olive oil is pressed in its raw form, it retains all of its flavor as well as nutritional and health benefits, such as natural antioxidants and polyunsaturated fats.
DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil dons a red seal of authenticity that guarantees the traceability and transparency of our product. At DeLallo, we place a high value on the importance of authentic Italian ingredients. The integrity of our products is vital to our success as a trusted Italian foods brand. To back up what we say and believe in, we receive organoleptic and chemical analyses on every shipment from our production facility. This allows us to monitor product and to fulfill our promise to you: providing a top quality olive oil that is 100% Italian, 100% cold pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil free from any contaminants or additives.
Our third-party testing results are posted for all to see, so take a look! We expect the best and you should too. Click here to view our latest verification results.
Quality Standards: Hard, Fast Rules to Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- The pressing or in more modern technology, the extraction of the oil from pulp must be done at or below 80°F (27°C) hence the term “cold-pressed”.
- The oil that derives from this pressing (extraction) is analyzed in two ways to be considered extra virgin.
- Sensory – Certified testers review the oil for any negative attribute (there a many). If any negative aroma or flavor is detected the oil cannot be considered Extra Virgin). Also, the oil is tested for the intensity of the three positive flavor attributes Fruitiness, Spiciness & Bitterness on an increasing scale of 1 – 5.
- Chemical – The oil is reviewed in a certified laboratory for its chemical composition which has tolerances and ranges of each test. If the oil fails any of these tests it cannot be considered Extra Virgin.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil produced from a country they are harvested and even more narrowly from a particular region or single variety are produced for quality. Conversely Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from a blend of these oils from multiple countries is made to achieve a price, not quality.
- By law, the country or countries of origin of the oils that compose an Extra Virgin Olive Oil must be stated on the label or lid. Look for them before making a purchase.