|Around here, we’re all about healthy comfort food. This light pasta recipe is packed with greens and just a little bit of spice from our Calabrian chili peppers.|
Avocado Oil Pasta with Spiced Shrimp
Around here, we’re all about healthy comfort food. This light pasta recipe is packed with greens and just a little bit of spice from our Calabrian chili peppers.
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Linguine
- ½ cup plus 1 ½ tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 2 teaspoons DeLallo Fine Chopped Garlic in Water
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 16-ounces arugula
- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 DeLallo Calabrian Chili Peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil from (6.7-ounce) DeLallo Calabrian Chili Peppers jar
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Seal salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Combine sugar, salt, chopped Calabrian chili peppers, cumin, coriander and basil in a bowl. Lightly coat shrimp with spice mixture and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a deep skillet over medium heat and add ½ cup of avocado oil, garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the pasta and reserved water. Stir until the pasta is well coated. Turn off heat and let rest.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium to high heat. Add 1 teaspoon Calabrian chili pepper oil and half the shrimp. Sauté shrimp for 4 minutes or until done. Remove cooked shrimp from pan and repeat until all the shrimp are cooked.
- Add cooked shrimp and arugula to cooked pasta. Toss well to combine. Drizzle with remaining avocado oil and serve.