|One of your favorite cheesy filled pastas in a hearty, cold-weather soup! Fresh veggies and zesty Italian sausage make this meal a great lunch or dinner option for the cold season.|
Classic Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
One of your favorite cheesy filled pastas in a hearty, cold-weather soup! Fresh veggies and zesty Italian sausage make this sausage tortellini soup a great lunch or dinner option for the cold season.
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound loose Italian sausage (sweet or spicy)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups beef stock, plus 1 cup water
- 1 cup DeLallo Imported Italian Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package Three-Cheese Tortellini Pasta
- 4 ounces (about 2 handfuls) fresh spinach
- DeLallo Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add sausage. Once sausage is just starting to brown, add onion, celery and garlic. Cook together for about 8 minutes until the vegetables cook down and become translucent. Add stock, water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Stir in zucchini.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
- Add the tortellini and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach and serve topped with Parmesan.