If you're looking for a gnocchi with a little bit of a bite, THIS IS IT! Ditch the traditional method of boiling potato gnocchi for a crispier finish!
Crispy Cheesy Gnocchi
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound DeLallo Potato Gnocchi
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 shallot, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- fresh basil to garnish
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Add shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, remove as much of the shallot / garlic from the skillet and set aside (we will add it back later). Leave the infused butter and olive oil in the pan.
- Add gnocchi to the pan and cook on high, stirring frequently for about 5-6 minutes. Flip the gnocchi evenly in the pan for crisp texture on all sides.
- Add the shallot and garlic back to the pan, sprinkle half the parmesan and give a quick stir to coat well. Remove the garlic butter parmesan gnocchi from the pan and serve with remaining grated parmesan and fresh basil.