|Canned clams make this recipe a quick and easy weeknight meal. However, you may use fresh clams when available for a more authentic and fresh flavor.|
Linguine with White Clam Sauce
Canned clams make this linguine with white clam sauce recipe a quick and easy weeknight meal. However, you may use fresh clams when available for a more authentic and fresh flavor.
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Linguine
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (6.5-ounce) cans DeLallo Chopped Sea Clams, drained
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can DeLallo Clam Juice Broth
- Bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil for pasta. Cook according to package instruction. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, heat oil on medium setting. Sauté garlic for about 2-3 minutes. Stir in clams and cook for another minute. Add the white wine and cook until reduced. Add the clam juice and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in fresh chopped parsley last.
- Toss hot pasta in the saucepan with clam sauce. Sauté together on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add pasta water a little at a time if needed to make sauce creamier.
- Serve hot with a crisp white wine.