Anchovy and Caper Butter with Spaghetti alla Chiatarra
Looking for a new way to season your pasta? Create an irresistible briny butter with capers and anchovies to flavor your favorite pasta. And this pasta with anchovy butter is quick and easy and full of flavor.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 2 (2-ounce) cans DeLallo Flat-Fillet Anchovies, chopped
- 2 (4-ounce) jars DeLallo Nonpareil Capers in Brine, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Spaghetti alla Chiatarra
- Combine butter, anchovies and capers. Mix well. Form into a log and wrap in saran wrap.
- Chill in the freezer until slightly firm, about 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Remove butter from the refrigerator and cut enough slices to coat pasta. (Depending on how buttery you’d like it, you can use ½ of log* or full log.) Add slices to large serving bowl.
- Add pasta and pasta water. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- *Compound butter can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month or in the freezer for 3 months.