We’re ready to take your avocado toast up a notch. Start with a sprinkle of goat cheese. Add sun-dried tomatoes, avocado, pesto and a few chili peppers. We top it off with fresh heirloom tomatoes. It’s the perfect appetizer, but we’ll understand if you don’t want to share!
1. Combine sun-dried tomatoes, avocado, pesto, peppers, chili powder and 3 tablespoons lemon juice in a large bowl. Add salt to taste.
2. Whisk together remaining tablespoon of lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Add goat cheese and mix until smooth.
3. Heat broiler. Cut bread into long, narrow pieces. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil for about 1 minute per side until the bread is golden brown and crisp.
4. Spread each slice of toast with a thin layer of goat cheese mixture, then cover with the avocado mixture. Top with heirloom tomato slices and season with salt to taste.
5. Garnish each toast with drizzled pesto, olive oil, and chopped basil.
Log in to have access to Delallo’s materials…