a salad for a crowd doesn’t get any easier than adding all the antipasto
toppings like olives, pickled veggies, artichokes, pepperoncini, salami,
salumi, prosciutto, pasta and mozzarella balls to a big pile of lettuce for
an Italian salad everyone will love.|
View the full recipe here!
Making a salad for a crowd doesn’t get any easier than adding all the antipasto toppings like olives, pickled veggies, artichokes, pepperoncini, salami, salumi, prosciutto, pasta and mozzarella balls to a big pile of lettuce for an Italian salad everyone will love.
- Leafy Greens
- DeLallo Mild Giardiniera
- DeLallo Grilled Artichoke Hearts
- Red Pepperazzi™ Peppers
- DeLallo Mild Pepperoncini
- DeLallo Antipasti Delight
- DeLallo Specialty Salamis and Salumis
- DeLallo Traditional Breadsticks
- Chunks of provolone or balls of mozzarella
- DeLallo Modenacrem Balsamic Glaze
- Start off with a base of leafy greens. I like a simple spring mix or even chopped romaine. I like to make a big pile of it in the middle of the platter and then build the rest of the ingredients around it.
- Layer pickled flavors with salty and savory for variety. I start layering on the goodies, like:
- -A combo of pickled veggies in DeLallo’s Mild Giardiniera.
- -Jarred DeLallo grilled artichoke hearts — my favorite!
- -Sweet pickled pepperazi in a rainbow of colors and pickled mild pepperoncini for pucker.
- -A variety of briny olives including those tasty blue cheese stuffed olives everyone eats first.
- -Authentic Italian salamis and salumis for the meat lovers, and of course cheeses too.
- Add some crunch. I wrapped DeLallo breadsticks with thin layers of salty prosciutto. Or, add crisped crostini crackers in plain or sesame flavors.
- Top it with cheese. Chunks of provolone or balls of mozzarella add a creamy bite to the salad, or you can always add chunks of Parmesan for a spunkier bite—and so good when you do!
- Dress that salad like you mean it! A simple balsamic dressing served on the side lets everyone sauce their salad the way they like. But my VERY favorite dressing is a simple drizzle of olive oil and DeLallo Modenacrem Balsamic Glaze that’s velvety rich and sweet.