|Creamy, cheesy and loaded with bold Mediterranean flair, this shrimp pasta recipe is one you’ll want for the recipe box. Our Simply Pesto® Sauce adds just the right amount of sweet-and-smoky sun-dried tomato and briny olive flavor—a superb complement to the creamy, buttery mozzarella sauce.|
Creamy Cheesy Shrimp Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato and Olive Pesto
Creamy, cheesy and loaded with bold Mediterranean flair, this shrimp pasta recipe is one you’ll want for the recipe box. Our Simply Pesto® Sauce adds just the right amount of sweet-and-smoky sun-dried tomato and briny olive flavor—a superb complement to the creamy, buttery mozzarella sauce.
- Pasta Sauce:
- 1 (16-pound) package DeLallo Spirali Pasta
- 1 (6.35-ounce) jar DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomato and Olive Simply Pesto® Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instruction. Drain, reserving ½ cup hot pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp, 3 cloves of minced garlic and salt. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes, or until they turn pink or golden brown. Flip the shrimp over and cook for 1 minute longer. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add pesto and 4 cloves minced garlic. Sauté over medium heat until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Once boiling, quickly stir in the shredded cheese. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes. If sauce becomes too thick, add some of the reserved hot pasta water a little at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Stir in basil, red pepper and paprika. Add hot pasta and shrimp to the sauce. Cook for 2 minutes to marry flavors.
- Divide among bowls or serve family-style.