You don’t have to spend all night in the kitchen to create an incredible from-scratch pasta sauce. The addition of shrimp to this easy Fettuccine Alfredo recipe makes it a hearty entrée made for indulging.
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
You don’t have to spend all night in the kitchen to create an incredible from-scratch pasta sauce. And this Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is easy to make and a hearty entrée made for indulging.
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Fettuccine Egg Pasta
- ½ cup softened butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 teaspoons DeLallo Fine Chopped Garlic in Water, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of garlic. Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and sauté until they begin to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To create the Alfredo sauce, heat ½ cup of butter and the cream in a large saucepan on low. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the salt, pepper and remaining garlic. Cook for 1 minute. stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheeses and sour cream.
- Add the cooked pasta and the shrimp to the saucepan. Gently toss with sauce to combine. If the sauce is too thick, use some reserved pasta water to thin it out. Serve immediately.