Grilling season is here, and it’s the perfect time to experiment with new flavors. With spicy Calabrian chili peppers, fire-roasted tomatoes, and tangy balsamic vinegar, this marinade is a must for summer grilling. We love to pair it with chicken thighs, but it’s also a great complement to chicken breasts, beef, pork, or lamb.
- SERVES: 6-8 Servings
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine oil, onion, garlic, and salt. Stir occasionally and sweat the mixture until onions are tender and slightly golden.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Add red wine to deglaze the pan and continue to cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer over very low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Transfer sauce to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool. Once cooled, use immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.