Simple to prepare, this orzo pasta dish features fresh, fragrant basil, juicy grape tomatoes, garlic and tender shrimp: made with simple, fresh ingredients—precisely what Italian cuisine is all about!
- SERVES: 4
- LEVEL: Easy Weeknight
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Orzo*
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook orzo for al dente texture, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat olive oil on a medium-high setting. Once hot, add garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté together for about 1 minute to infuse oil. Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add wine to the pan and allow it to reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Next, add tomatoes and 1 tablespoon butter; sauté tomatoes just until skin begins to loosen. Season with basil, salt and pepper. Add cooked orzo to the saucepan and toss together for 2 minutes to marry flavors.